Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Program
This program is funded by Asha-Jyothi New Jersey Chapter. Implementation partner – Project BaalaImplementation location – Vishakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshBeneficiaries – 2040 school girls and teachers Objective – To impart menstrual hygiene awareness to enable females of different age groups tointeract comfortably and seek help when required. Date of induction...
This program is funded by Asha-Jyothi New Jersey Chapter.
Implementation partner – Project Baala
Implementation location – Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Beneficiaries – 2040 school girls and teachers
Objective – To impart menstrual hygiene awareness to enable females of different age groups to
interact comfortably and seek help when required.
|Date of induction||Location||No of beneficiaries|
|21st Dec 2022||Zilla Parishad High School, Chandrapalem||1576|
|22nd Dec 2022||Generation Yuvaa||38|
|23rd Dec 2022||Zilla Parishad High School, Gangavaram||226|
|23rd Dec 2022||Zilla Parishad High School, Nadupuru||200|
Topics Covered –
The workshop consisted of 7 broad topics:
- Why do we menstruate?
- Managing periods hygienically
- How to manage period pain
- Safe use and disposal of menstrual products
- Addressing myths, taboos, and confidence building
- Introducing products available in the market and introduction to Baala pads
- FAQs and Q&A
- Despite being out-going almost all students felt shy once the topic began.
- Senior grade students had knowledge about the process and still all grade students and even
some teachers would relate period blood as “bad blood”.
- They learnt about self-care focusing especially on the indicators when they should consult a
doctor. Many reached out after the session with their issues and were curious to know
whether it was normal or a matter of concern.
- Very few knew and guessed the contents of a disposable pad and the harmful effects it has
on the body and environment.
- It was a surprise for many that they can reuse the product for 2 years.
“A hearty congratulations to the team of Asha Jyothi for their
commendable work. Through the workshop organized for the BPL
students from the organization, students became aware of the basic
sanitation needs. We request the team to continue to do the same in
other areas and spread the word. We are extremely thankful for the
work they have done.” – Principal, ZPHS Gangavaram
“Here we the heads and staff of the Z P HIGH SCHOOL CHANDRAMPALEM of district Visakhapatnam
are very thankful to you for the priceless support and kind heartedness of your Asha Jyothi foundation
to select our school. The girl students of our school are very much inspired by your foundation as you
all have shown concern towards their health and hygiene as it is eco-friendly also. Once again we are
very thankful to you and will be awaiting for continuing our good relationship for future support in
the same way. Thank you Chandana mam and all the members of Asha Jyothi foundation”.